Published October 30, 2009
News , Toronto Scene
CRO MAGS TONIGHT. YOUTH YOUTH YOUTH/IRON LUNG/DSB TOMORROW. What a weekend.
Here’s what you should be looking for tonight:
- Issue #5 of A BUFFET OF PAINS AND PLAGUES (cover pictured above). It’s the best zine going in Toronto right now.
- Issue #1 of DON’T BOTHER ME. I have 100 copies, just ask for one.
- Issue # 3 of FROM THE START.
- Issue #3 of GROWING PAINS.
- DAS BOOTS #2, WASTE MANAGEMENT LIVE @ RANCHO, May 9th, 2009.
- The HITS & MISSTRO (hard to miss).
I haven’t been this excited for a show in a while. Doesn’t MTM look like a young Miret in that photo?
Published October 27, 2009
News , Toronto Scene
Bust out the Leaf jerseys, it’s time to dance.
Published October 26, 2009
Tonight at the Garrison, the venue where Toronto’s independent music scene is migrating now that Sneaky Dee’s has become College St.’s hottest new dance club, VICIOUS CYCLE & SCHOOL JERKS are playing with FIRST BASE and LOVVERS in what is the pre-party for this weekend’s festivities. Come down and hang.
Published October 20, 2009
is happening here: CineCycle, behind 129 Spadina Ave., Toronto, tonight. Who knew?
Published October 17, 2009
Happy Edge Day to those who walk the path.
Published October 13, 2009
Here’s what’s up today.
- My buddy/roommate Rick finally released FROM THE START #3 at IRON AGE last night after sitting on it for 3 years. It’s an awesome local zine, worth checking out. Get on his case to start working on #4.
- A few months back I did an interview with Stephe from Equalizing Distort, and despite my inability to communicate efficiently online, he has finally put it into print. You can click the ExD link above or on the side bar to get to the show’s site to download a PDF of the zine. You can also pick up free copies of it at Hits & Misses if you’re not a lazy internet addict.
- I’m sitting on a shit ton of undeveloped film, and I’m gonna get it done soon for the world to see.
- There’s a chance that I might be putting out a zine for Fucked Up Weekend. I don’t want to say too much yet, but keep your eyes and ears open.
The writing’s on the wall.
Published October 8, 2009
WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD.
I really need to up my graphic design skills. The fest starts in 3 weeks!